Monday, February 1, 2016

Hello!

This past week was great! We had interviews with President Samuelian on Tuesday, which are always great. He told us that while he had been preparing and praying about what to tell the missionaries, the thought that kept coming over and over again to his mind was tell us all that the Savior is coming, and he's coming soon. It was really intense! Then during my interview, he asked me how I felt when he told us that the Savior is coming. So I told him that it made me anxious and a little bit afraid. (Which is dumb because it never used to scare me. Satan is a bum). And what he said to me next changed my whole perspective on the subject. He told me that my mission is the one chance that I have to show the Savior that I am not afraid. MIND BLOWN! I love President Samuelian, he's the best.

So this last week, Sister Hartvigsen and I had a ton of opportunities to talk to lots of people. We have been going through our potential and former investigator lists, so we've been doing a lot of contacting. In my previous experiences with doing this, it's mostly just been a lot of slammed doors in our faces. But this week was different! Almost every door we knocked on, the people were so nice and friendly and willing to talk to us! And even though most of them weren't interested, it was so nice to be able to talk to someone who didn't think we were crazy. It really helped me to feel the love that God has for all of His children.

So Sister Hartvigsen has this really great analogy. The Sorting Hat from Harry Potter is like the Final Judgement. Gryffindor is the Celestial Kingdom, Ravenclaw is Terrestrial, Hufflepuff is the Telestial kingdom, and Slytherin is Outer Darkness. HAHA! When you're a missionary, you really have to think of creative ways to entertain yourself...She also came up with a joke about hot dogs. How does one hot dog speak to another hot dog? FRANKLY! It is so lame but I can't stop laughing.

So something funny that happened this week. We were leaving a members home after she had fed us dinner and we were outside when we yelled to her back to her "love you!" But then there was this guy across the street who heard us and yelled back, "are you talking to me?" So of course we yelled, "yes, we love you too!" He laughed. We laughed. It was a good time haha.

Well that's about it for this week! Love you!

Love,
Sister Hanna

P.S. Ponder this...The Lord is more loving than you think He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment