Monday, February 29, 2016

Helloooooo!

We had another fantastic week! Jill got baptized on Tuesday! It was awesome! You can literally see the change within her. Her face is always lit up and she seems so much happier. Sister Hart and I were able to perform a musical number at the baptism. Sister Hart sang and I accompanied her on the violin to 'Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing.' Sister Hart was super nervous, but she did great! Although I think she regrets it because we've now been suckered into performing in sacrament in two weeks and at the next zone meeting 😂

So sister Hart and I were out walking the streets the other day, and we decided to go talk to this guy who was hanging out by the Little Caesars. That sounds a little sketchy, but it's all good. We're still alive. Anyway, this guy's name was Ahmad and it turns out that he was from Egypt! He was so cool! He's Muslim, so we mostly talked about his beliefs and about the similarities between our religions. We talked a little bit about modern day prophets and about the Book of Mormon. And he accepted a copy! He said that he would read our book if we read the Kiran (is that how you spell it? I have no idea). So we told him we would, and we did! We had a member Google an English translation and we read a few sentences from it. But here's the coolest part about this story; we happened to run into him on the day that he was returning back to Egypt, a place where he'll most likely never hear about the gospel again. It was no coincidence that we met him and gave him a Book of Mormon. That could've been his only chance to hear the restored gospel. God is great!

I also received a huge testimony builder for prayer this week. So the Manley family from LaPine is getting baptized this weekend, and I wanted to go back to Bend for the baptism SO bad. I even asked them if I could be a part of their baptismal program because that would up my chances for receiving permission to go 😂 I found this out last Monday, and we had zone conference last Thursday, so I knew that I would be able to ask President in person for permission. But still, my chances were pretty slim that I would be able to go. But! President always tells us that if we want something, and that something is a righteous desire, God will grant it to us. I have never prayed so hard in my entire life! I would just randomly hit the floor and start praying because I wanted to go to this baptism so bad. Well, Thursday came, and I asked President if I could go, and he said yes! Ahhhhhhhh! Prayer works!

That's all for this week! Love you all!

Love,
Sister Hanna




No comments:

Post a Comment