Monday, February 22, 2016

Hola!

This week was a bit less busy than last. Sister Hartvigsen was in bed sick for two days. Don't worry, she's fine now. We had zone training meeting on Friday! I love meetings! One of the Elders gave a training about the Christlike attribute of charity. He read Matthew 22:36-39, which is when Christ tells what the two greatest commandments are. "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind...and the second is like unto it, thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." He talked about how without love for the people, nothing that missionaries do would even matter because this work is all about love. He brought up another truth as well, and this is something that I have never thought of. If we don't first love ourselves, we won't be able to love the people. When we love ourselves, it is easier to love others. Here is something that was said in our stake conference a couple of weeks ago; "If it's inappropriate to be unkind and cruel to others, it's inappropriate to do the same to ourselves. Never diminish your divine value." Why do we tend to beat ourselves up so much? We are told by church leaders to view others through God's eyes. We should do the same for ourselves.

We went on exchanges again this week! Before we exchanged, the four of us sisters went out to lunch at Baja Fresh. And of course, we prayed over our food before we ate it. And I really don't like praying in restaurants. I just think it's so awkward and so uncomfortable, and I have never liked it haha. But, after we had finished praying and we started eating, an old man came up to us and said that he saw us praying and thanked us for not being afraid to live our religion. LESSON LEARNED. I have a completely different attitude now. It just goes to show that someone is always watching, and that the example that each of us sets will always be witnessed by others. Romans 1:16 - "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ."

WE HAVE A BAPTISM TOMORROW! Jill Burrows is getting baptized! I am so excited for this woman to become a member of the church! Her road has been hard and she has had to overcome so many things. But she did it! I am so proud of her and I know that her Heavenly Father is as well. I love this gospel so much! I know that it was a gift given to us from God to help us live happier lives and to have happy families. I can't wait to see my Savior and my Heavenly Father again. "And it came to pass that Jesus blessed them as they did pray unto him; and his countenance did smile upon them, and the light of his countenance did shine upon them..." 3 Nephi 19:25. I love this gospel!

Love,
Sister Hanna  

PICTURESThe District ~ Exchanges with Sister Summers ~ Frolicking in the Sunshine!








No comments:

Post a Comment