Monday, June 6, 2016

Hello!!!!!!!!

This past week has been unforgettable!!!!!! On Saturday we had a mission wide conference with President Russell M. Nelson!!!!! Holy. Heck. Getting to meet and shake the hand of an Apostle is like getting spiritually punched in the face. IT. WAS. AWESOME! At the beginning of the meeting, President Nelson took the time to shake every missionary's hand, which was almost 200 people! He is the sweetest, kindest, and funniest guy! I had an incredible experience at this meeting. President Samuelian suggested that we prepare for the meeting by praying and fasting that the spirit would confirm to us that President Nelson is truly an apostle of the Lord. So I decided that it would probably be a good idea if I did that. I had been praying and fasting the Friday before and the Saturday morning of the meeting that when I shook President Nelson's hand, the spirit would swell within my heart, confirming to me that he is an apostle. Well let me tell you...the moment I stood up from my seat to go shake his hand, the spirit burned within my heart, confirming to me Russell M. Nelson is an ordained servant of the Lord Jesus Christ! I didn't even have to wait to shake his hand! I had already received my witness by the time I got to him. I know that God still calls prophets, and I know that He will never leave his people alone or forsake them.

So! Now that you all heard that fun little Sister Hanna experience, let me tell you another one. As President Nelson was giving his closing remarks, he left all of us missionaries with a blessing. It included multiple things, like finding joy in our work and being safe in our travels. But my favorite was when he invoked a blessing of healing on all of our families, and my thoughts immediately turned to some family members who are in desperate need of healing and comfort. Tears filled my eyes as the spirit hit my heart, and I knew then that my family would be okay. The gospel is so real, and it is the medicine that will heal any broken heart!

Now obviously, I don't really remember any of the rest of the week because meeting the president of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles just blows all of it out of the water, haha. But! We did have zone pday today, and we hiked this beautiful trail up to what is called the Cascade Head. Upon reaching the top, you get this breathtaking view of the coast line and horizon! As much as I hated the mile trek up, it was absolutely worth it! Pictures to come :)

I love you all!

Sister Hanna   

PICTURES: Hiking Cascade Head










No comments:

Post a Comment