Monday, June 20, 2016

Hello from Woodburn!

Guys! This transfer was AWESOME! I'm serving in Woodburn in the Woodburn 1st ward in the Keizer stake/zone. My new companion is Sister Erickson and WE ARE HAVING SO MUCH FUN!!! I knew her when both of us were serving in the Bend/Redmond area, so when they announced at the transfer meeting that we were to be companions I could not contain my excitement! She's been out for 9 months.

I am LOVING it here in Woodburn! And we walk everywhere! A previous sister crashed the car twice, so it got taken away 😂 Walking was a missionary experience that I didn't think I would get! So I'm excited about it! And Woodburn is actually a city! Not small town like my last two areas were. Don't get me wrong, I love LaPine and Monmouth with all of my heart, but I FINALLY HAVE A WALMART! 😁 Also, in LaPine and Monmouth, we were pretty secluded with no other sisters to hang out with. It was lonely and boring sometimes haha, but here in Woodburn we're surrounded by other sisters! Sister Erickson and I, along with four other sisters went out to lunch today and went shopping at the outlet malls! Fun was definitely had!

This past week was a bit of a blur because of all the new people I've met and from trying to get used to a new area. But nonetheless, sister Erickson and I saw many miracles! On Wednesday we went to go see a new investigator named Matt. As we got to talking, he asked where I was from, so I told him Mesa, AZ. Come to find out, he graduated from Mesa High School in 1990!! WHAAAAT!? It's ridiculous how excited it made me, but what a cool experience! Matt is a cool dude. #instantbond #jackrabbitalumni #arehashtagsstillathing? #ivebeengoneforayearsomeoneupdateme

Another miracle we saw happened last night! We were doing what we call "phone tracting." AKA going through all of the contacts in our phone and calling the people we don't recognize. We called this one guy named Elli, and to our surprise, he was excited that we called! It turns out that he is a past investigator, and according to him the missionaries just stopped coming one day. Anyways, we talked about the scriptures, Thomas S. Monson and Joseph Smith. As we talked about all of these subjects I could hear the love and affection that he had for the gospel in his voice. And anytime he referred to church members, he would say "we." This guy already considers himself LDS! As he was talking, I felt that I should ask him about baptism. He said that he had been invited to be baptized by missionaries before, but nobody ever followed up. I asked him how he felt about baptism now, and he said that his heart filled with joy and excitement at the thought of it. Do you guys see where this is going?? So...we invited him to be baptized! Over the phone! AND HE SAID YES! A baptismal invite over the phone! It was such a cool experience! We're seeing him on Tuesday!

I'm so excited to be here in Woodburn! Good things are going to happen here, I feel it in my bones!

Also, shout out to my soul sister, Sister Munford, for saving her neighbor from a fire last week!

Love you all!
Sister Hanna

PICTURESSister Erickson ~ This is pretty much our companionship summed up in one picture ~ Monmouth Goodbyes, Sister Kimber Klopp & Emilie Varner ~ This is Lexi. She has a mission call to the Arizona Mesa mission serving at the Mesa Temple visitors center! She leaves in July and I'm so pumped to see her when I get home ~ Autumn Wilburn and her family ~ Brolin and Sarah Johnson ~ Cecily Hart














No comments:

Post a Comment