Monday, September 28, 2015

I really have no idea what happened this week!

Sooooo...it's been a crazy week to say the least haha. So I'll start out with the craziest part. On Thursday, I started having really bad pains in my left side and lower back. It sucked! And they lasted all day! So we called a lady up in the LaPine ward who is an RN and we asked her about it and she said that I probably had an ovarian cyst. Well that's just fantastic! So I downed some ibuprofen and then went to bed for the rest of the day. Then Friday morning, I was completely fine! Yay! I was able to function as a normal missionary. Well, my joy was short lived. At about 3 in the morning Saturday morning I woke up with those horrible pains again, and they would not go away! So at about 9 o'clock, I had Sister Williams drive me to the emergency clinic in Bend. We were there ALL DAY! All those doctors and nurses took their sweet time to figure out was wrong with me. They gave me an IV and gave me some super strong ibuprofen to help with the pain, but it didn't. So finally, they gave me some hydrocodone! Woo! That helped haha! Anyways, we were at the emergency clinic for six hours on Saturday! They first did an ultrasound and then a CT scan. And the final result...a big fat ovarian cyst! So, they sent me home with 3 different prescriptions for 800mg ibuprofen, hydrocodone, and an antibiotic. And let me tell you, those hydrocodone pills KNOCK ME OUT! I slept for six hours straight yesterday! It's a good thing I have a wonderful companion, bishop, and bishop's wife. They have taken care of me all weekend and I am so grateful!

Alright! Enough with the doctor stuff. Something amazing DID happen this week! On Thursday night, we got a text from Kaitlin. She was a former investigator who dropped us last transfer. BUT! She texted us saying that she needed to see us! So we were like, heck ya we'll come see you! So we met with her on Friday, and she bore her testimony to us about how she realizes that she needs the gospel in her life and that she doesn't want to live with out it anymore, and that she wants to get baptized as soon as possible! She seriously has an INCREDIBLE testimony. She's basically already Mormon. She just needs to get dunked haha! So...She's getting baptized on October 10th! She is an amazing girl! She went to the women's broadcast, attended church yesterday, met with bishop's wife to go over Personal Progress, came to the bishop's youth fireside last night, AND woke up and went to early morning seminary today! SHE. IS. AWESOME! We have a lesson with her almost every day this week! Another amazing thing about meeting with Kaitlin this past week was that we met with her on Friday, which was also the same day I wasn't having those stupid side pains. I had them on Thursday, and I had them on Saturday, but not on Friday. And I truly believe God had a hand in that, because if I would've been in pain on Friday the same way I was the rest of the weekend, we would have not been able to see Kaitlin! And who knows what would or wouldn't have happened if we didn't see her when we did! So I thought that was pretty spiffy!

So...transfers are tomorrow :( I'm losing Sister Williams, nooooo! I love her so much! She is seriously awesome and has taught me so much! But I guess her family wants her back. How selfish of them, right? But! There is some good news! I'm staying in LaPine! YAY! But I already knew that. Bishop says that once you're in LaPine, you're here for awhile. And as for my new companion...it's Sister Munford!!! I had a feeling she would be my new companion anyways. Ah! We are going to have so much fun! I'm so excited! And hopefully, I'll have her for more than 6 weeks this time haha.
Well, I love you all!

Love,
Sister Hanna

PICTURESBend District - Expectation vs. Reality 






No comments:

Post a Comment