Monday, May 9, 2016

Dearest family and friends!

What a great time this past week has been! Sister Hartvigsen was transferred to LaPine! That makes her the 4th sister to serve in both Monmouth and LaPine! It takes a special kind, haha. So I'm so super excited for her! My new companion is Sister Ottesen. She's been out for three months, she has 8 brother and 2 sisters, and she's from...you got it! Utah! We spent most of this past week visiting members and introducing them to Sister Ottesen.

We saw a lot of miracles this week! First off, we got a new investigator! Her name is Erika. So how we found her...we basically followed her to a park (like stalkers) and then talked to her as we swung on the swings. We talked about the afterlife and about the Book Of Mormon. And here's the best part! She asked for a copy before I even offered her one! Then she gave us her phone number and said to call her next week so she has some time to read. It's incredible how God leads us to the people who are prepared to receive the gospel!

Another miracle this week; we were trying to find the house of a less active member, but the street they lived on, I had no idea where it was. And we are without a GPS as well. So we decided to say a prayer, and during the prayer I saw in my head a certain neighborhood in Independence. So we drove there, and the street we were looking for was in that neighborhood! We were able to stop in on this less active family and invite them to the ward talent show that is going on this week. Global Positioning System? More like God's Positioning System!

So earlier this week, I was feeling stressed out and overwhelmed, so I was doing a lot of praying. During one particular prayer for help, I was praying for comfort and confidence, and immediately in my head I heard to the words to a scripture in Psalms. "Be still, and know that I am God." It was such a huge comfort to me! I know that God listens to and answers our prayers! I love that we have been promised by our Father in Heaven that we will never be left alone or comfortless. John 14:18, "I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you." I love this gospel, I love my Savior, and I love being a missionary!

Love,
Sister Hanna


PICTURES: Sister Hart struggling to pack and me not helping her, lol, ~ My new companion, Sister Ottesen ~ Birthday cookies from Grandpa & Grandma ~ Mother's Day dinner







No comments:

Post a Comment