Monday, April 25, 2016

Hey homies!

This past week was AWESOME!!!!!! The best part about this last week was that we went to the temple this past Tuesday!!!! I. LOVE. THE. TEMPLE. It felt SO good to be there, and I felt armed with spiritual power when I left. We were talking to a member last night about how so many people just go through the motions of being a member of the church. I remember being like that when I was in high school. And then I decided to go on a mission and then I went through the temple. Being an endowed member, I feel like there is so much more substance to my religion now. In YW's they always talked about how you need to always have your sight on the temple. And I understood why, but I didn't really understand why until I went through the temple.I feel like I'm living something so much more meaningful and deep now. The temple changed my life! Can't wait to go again in six months...

We also had interviews with President Samuelian this past Thursday. It was bittersweet, since this month was his last round of interviews before him and Sister Samuelian finish their mission and go home in in July. And as always, my interview with President was so good! Everything that President said in my interview, and also what he said in the priesthood blessing he gave me, was exactly what I needed to hear and what I had been praying for. It's incredible how inspired he is!

So I read this great talk this morning by Lawrence E. Corbridge of the seventy. It's titled "The Way" and it's all about Jesus Christ and how His way is the only way that leads to eternal life. I love this quote by Elder Corbridge: "Jesus Christ is the Way. He is the Light and Life, Bread and water, the Beginning and the End, the Resurrection and the Life, the Savior of the world, the Truth, and the Way. There is only one way to happiness and fulfillment. He is the Way. Every other way, any other way, whatever other way, is foolishness. ...May we have the good sense to follow Him." I love that!

I love you all and hope each of you have a great week!

Love,
Sister Hanna




No comments:

Post a Comment