Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas Fun!

Hey everyone!

Another week has flown by! And I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner! I was doing the math and Christmas Eve will be my six month mark. That's already a third of my mission completed! The time goes by SO fast!

So the highlights of the week: Sister Bennion and I were in Newberg Monday night through most of Wednesday. We were there for a tech training meeting with president and sister Samuelian, and sister Bennion got her iPad. Meetings with President are seriously the best! He's so full of wisdom and spiritual knowledge! I get a spiritual boost every time he opens his mouth! After the meeting, we went on temporary exchanges with the sisters serving in the Newberg area. That night, we went Christmas caroling to a bunch of different people and it was so much fun! All of them were so grateful and happy that we had thought of them! It's incredible how music can be so spiritually uplifting to people.

Another highlight of the week was district meeting on Friday! We had an ugly sweater/white elephant/breakfast party before we started our meeting. The elders came in early and set up a Christmas tree that they decorated with nerf guns and nerf darts! It was ridiculous, but awesome at the same time. Us missionaries know how to throw the best parties 😂

Later Friday night was our ward Christmas party! It was just as fun! I love ward events, because you can really feel the love of the ward members, as well as the love that the savior feels for all of us. One of the ward members who was in charge of the party asked us last minute to lead the song "Here Comes Santa Clause." We were supposed to start the song and then have everyone join in. The point of this operation was that if everyone sang loud enough, Santa would hear us and come to our party. Well let me tell you, no one joined in! So it was just us four sisters trying to sing in front of the whole ward! And the worst part is, none of us knew all the words to the song! It was so hilarious and embarrassing, and we just started laughing. It was probably the worst entrance Santa Clause has ever made. 😂

On Saturday, some members tricked us into thinking we were doing service for them, when really they had planned an afternoon of Christmas fun for us! So we got there, and the first thing they had us do was frost cookies with them. It was super fun, and it really helped invite the Christmas spirit in. We were sitting there frosting cookies when Brother Crume told his grandson to go start the quad. The four of us sisters just kind of looked at each other and were like "uh, what's going on?" Brother Crume grinned at us and said "you're going sledding." So we went sledding! They tied the sled to a piece of rope, which was hooked to the back of the quad, and they dragged us up and down the snowy streets. It was SO MUCH FUN! The best part about this story is that I got attacked by a dog. They were pulling sister Parrish and I on the sled and then out of nowhere this dog starts chasing us! I was so freaked, and I could hear the dog barking and snarling behind me in my ear. I then felt a tug on my sweater and I realized that the dog had bit me! Luckily, it didn't get skin, just my sweater. I never thought that I would actually get chased by a dog while on my mission, but hey, memories!

I am so excited for Christmas! We went Christmas shopping today, which is super hard because your companion knows everything you get them, because they can't leave your side. But oh well, at least you know that they'll like it!

Here's a quote, "To catch the real meaning of the spirit of Christmas, we need only drop the last syllable and it becomes the spirit of Christ." -Thomas S. Monson

I hope all of you are enjoying this very special Christmas season, and I hope you remember the Savior and the true meaning of Christmas. I love you all and Merry Christmas!

Love,
Sister Hanna

PICTURES: District meeting ~ Ward Christmas Party ~ Relief Society Christmas boxes ~ Driving home from Newberg ~ Sledding


  




















No comments:

Post a Comment