Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

So this week has been...interesting. We have gone tracting a lot this past week. Let me share some of my favorite stories. So on Saturday, Sister Bennion and I knocked on this lady's door. She answered and asked us if we were Jehovah's Witnesses. And we were like, no, we're Mormons! The lady started to close her door and I was like "Wait! Have you ever heard of our church before?" She said "Oh yes. I don't agree with or like the Mormon church." So I asked her why not and she straight up said, "Because you guys are a cult!" She legit thinks that the Mormon church is a cult! I asked her if I could explain why we weren't a cult, and she just straight up shut the door in our faces! My companion and I just stood there on her porch and started laughing. It was super funny, but also super infuriating at the same time. But that's okay! Because the next house we knocked on actually listened to what we had to say! We taught her a little bit about the plan of salvation, and then showed her a Mormon message about the Atonement. And then! Come to find out, she's a Jehovah's Witness! Which is super crazy because they don't like Mormons. But she listened to us and told us we could come back and tell her more!

So it's been 14 degrees outside the past two mornings! I'm slowly freezing to death, but that's okay, haha.

Zone conference with President and Sister Samuelian was also this past Wednesday! They talked a lot about calling upon the powers of heaven, and how we should have the faith to expect miracles. I love President and Sister Samuelian, they're the best!

So I'm sorry this email is very short and not super exciting. I promise I'll do better next week! I love you all!

Love,
Sister Hanna






No comments:

Post a Comment