Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I went to the Temple!!!

HELLOOOOOO EVERYONE :)

This week was fantastic! My favorite thing that happened this week was...THE TEMPLE! All week last week up until Friday was all anticipation and excitement! Any time I would think about the temple I would squeal or yell or slap my companion on the arm because I was so
excited! I kid you not, that Friday morning was the fastest I've ever gotten out of bed when hearing the alarm go off. It's about a 3 1/2 hour drive from LaPine to Portland, so we left at about 8:30 and got there at 12. We were doing the one o'clock session, so I had time to go over to the visitor's center and see Sister Ramsay! When I walked in, there was some other sisters there and I asked them if sister Ramsay was working. Then they asked me if I was Sister Hanna (the Elders had already gone in and Sister Ramsay was asking them about me) and then told me to hide behind a wall while they went and got Sister Ramsay. When Sister Ramsay came in the room I came out from behind the wall and she started jumping in circles! I was so happy to see her! I had missed her so much. And the awesome part is this was all recorded. The video is much better than the way I just explained it. So we got to talk for a few minutes before Sister Munford and I had to go back to the temple. When the missionaries do temple trips, they go by zone. So it was my zone, and the Redmond zone who were at the temple. The session was almost all missionaries! It was so cool, and the spirit was amazing! And the Portland Temple is SO beautiful! It felt so good to be back at the temple. It's was a spiritual boost that I definitely needed. I felt such peace and comfort and I knew that the temple I was where I needed to be. I can't wait until I get to go again in 6 months!

So I can't remember if I talked about this last week or not, but we have two new investigators! Dawn and Nick. We taught both of them this week for the first time and we asked both of them if they would be baptized. They said yes! Dawn is in her 30's and Nick is 16. The awesome part about these two people is that we met both of them through members! Sister Munford, Bishop Russell, and I have been working hard to get the members here in LaPine to get involved in missionary work. And it's working! Yay!

Last Wednesday Sister Munford and I felt that we needed to go see Jason, which is the guy that we met when the two of us first went on exchanges last transfer. Anyways, we went to the garage where he worked and he was there! But for some reason, both of us were so nervous and afraid to get out of our car and go talk to him! It was the weirdest thing, because Jason is a really nice guy and we had no reason to be afraid to go talk to him. So we said a prayer and we were like, Heavenly Father do we really need to go see Jason? Of course, He gave us a big fat yes. For some reason we were still freaking out about talking to Jason, so finally, Sister Munford was like, "We just gotta have faith!" So we pumped ourselves up and got out of the car, haha! And you know what?! He was excited to see us! Seriously! He said, "I'm so excited to see you sisters!" Can you believe that! Anyways, we had a really good talk and we shared a quick message with him. And that was it! Sweet and simple. It just goes to show that Satan is trying his hardest to stop anyone and everyone from sharing the gospel. But like Sister Munford said, you just gotta have faith! Faith that Heavenly Father will let everything work out in the way that it needs to.

This last week I've been studying Alma 47. In this chapter, the king of the Lamanites sends Amalickiah with a part of his army to go and find a group of Lamanites who ran away so that they wouldn't have to battle the Nephites. Well, we know that Amalickiah is a sneaky little turd and is trying to become king of the Lamanites himself. So when Amalickiah finds the runaway Lamanites, he sees that they have positioned themselves atop a mount in order to protect themselves. Amalickiah tries to convince Lehonti, the leader of the runaway Lamanites, to come down off of the mount so that they could talk. But Lehonti is like, "Dude no. I'm not coming down from here, I'm safe up here." Amalickiah tries four times to get Lehonti to come down, but Lehonti refuses. Finally, Amalickiah tells Lehonti that he can bring his army to surround Amalickiah's camp so that the two of them can have a chat, but at the same time Lehonti will still be protected by his army. Lehonti agrees. But like I said earlier, Amalickiah is a sneaky little turd and he has one of his servants poison Lehonti. Once Lehonti is dead, Amalickiah takes both armies back to the king of the Lamanites, where he then kills the king. From this chapter we learn that we all have our own spiritual "mount" that we need to stay atop of. But Satan will always be there to try and pull us down with enticing words and false promises. We can't come off of our mount, or else we'll end up flat on our face in the dirt! We can't let Satan kill us spiritually. We have to always be atop the mountain, or for my Mesa High homies, BAM!

So today while sister Munford and I were leaving the grocery store, a bee flew in our car and landed on sister Munford's lap. I was like, yo sister, there's a bee on you. She then screamed bloody murder! And our windows were down, and everyone in the parking lot could here us! She then sped out of the parking lot because she was embarrassed for screaming so loud, and I just sat there in my seat unable to breathe because I was laughing so hard! 😂

I love you all so so so much! Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Hanna



No comments:

Post a Comment