Monday, September 12, 2016

Hi!

So this past week, Sister Lovell and I have seen LOTS of miracles! Just a few weeks ago, both of us were really down and depressed because it felt like NOTHING was happening in the area. But, I have learned that God likes to test our patience so that we will be able to develop greater faith in him. And this week, we have seen the miracles that come from faith! We got three new investigators this week! 
Earlier this week we got a call from Brother Garner. He's the high council representative in charge of missionary work. He called us up and said, "Hey Sisters! I have this friend who I went to law school with. She's agreed to take the missionary discussions! Can you come over next Tuesday night and teach her the first discussion?" UM, OF COURSE WE CAN! We were so excited and so pumped! So, we'll be going over tomorrow night to teach her!

We also got into contact with a former investigator named Julian. He agreed to meet with missionaries again! During our lesson with him on Wednesday, we asked him why he agreed to take the discussions again, and he said that he was able to find his faith with the previous missionaries. He feels like he's lost it again and wants to get it back. And then, without us even asking, he brought up baptism! He said he's thought a lot about getting baptized and he feels that it would make him happier in his life. We bore testimony that it would absolutely help him to be happier and that baptism is definitely a possibility for him. We're meeting with him again on Thursday, and hopefully, he'll commit to a baptismal date!

Lots of good things are happening here in Salem YSA! I know that God is in all the details, and that His hand is evident in all things.

Here's a scripture that I found during my studies this morning that I really like: Psalms 91:1-2 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God, in him will I trust.

Love,
Sister Hanna

PICTUREIt got a little rainy, we got a little wet!

No comments:

Post a Comment